by Tatonya Alchemi • 25 Posts

Please start the Discussion on Emergency Room/Trauma/NICU/Operating Room Here

Mrs. Tatonya Baily
Medical Director of PVMC

Scroll up

RE: Emergency Room Design Discussion Here

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:46 pm
by Dr. Brooke Devin • 9 Posts

So For emergancy just throwing out idea i think a nice waiting room with t.v's plants toys for kids and stuff should be put there then like a desk for when people go back their other halfs/family/friends can fill out information on them and what happened blah blah or whatever you want to put on the form. Then hav like a hall leading to all the emergancy rooms or have an open room? Then have like 4 or 5 beds with oxygen ,vital monitors, sinks, drawers with handy objects like casts, oxygen masks stuff like that click, IV stand, sharp object bins. So yeah thats my idea for ER.

As for the NICU I was thinking an open room with little half wall divers to section off "rooms" for babies and spaces, in teir spaces would be incubators, oxygen sinks, rocking chairs for parents coming to visit the babies. And maybe a nurses station in there. And since parents usually stay at the NICU for awhile have a small kind of lounge with couches and t.v maybe a computer.

Trauma. Yeah not my thing thats all Embree and everyone else LOL

As for the operating room i think we should have just a big open room of course with the operating table. A tool cart and all the stuff that goes into there. As you can see im getting tired of typing lol

So those were my suggestions. Hope they helped

Brooke Tehani (Devin)
Mama Allpa OB/GYN & PVMC Nurse

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:40 pm
by Tatonya Alchemi • 25 Posts

very good descriptors brooke :) I think to have that much in every bay, will be high prim use, but there will be away of getting it done and it all be low prim.

Mrs. Tatonya Baily
Medical Director of PVMC

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:33 am
by Mr.Baily

The NICU needs to be sectioned off do to that will also hows the trachiotimy Neonatils. this would give us a rp idea of keeping the germs out of the area. I think we hvae it on the floor with the OB/GYN do that we only need one lounge. All the NICU's I seen in rl have no lounges with in them. Er 4 beds, 2 crahs carts, 2 port wall oxygen . EKG monertering with a switch for Pulse oxcemitry. One of the Er rooms holding a special OB/Gyn cabnet for patient's brought in via ambulance. We can get them set up in the Er then transfred if time to the OB/GYN floor. 1 ER room holding a Ventilator for trauma. That way we get them stablize before shipping to the ICU .

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:56 pm
by Dr. Brooke Devin • 9 Posts

Yeah not many have them. When my rl triplets were in the NICU they had a lounge the only reason i had the idea LOL

Brooke Tehani (Devin)
Mama Allpa OB/GYN & PVMC Nurse

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:41 am
by Holly

The ED needs to have access for ambulance crews direct to the treatment area and resus room without having to go through the waiting room, would be nice for crews to come direct in from the amb bay and either go into resus or to a nurses station to be greeted by a handover nurse then directed to a cubicle.
Holly
SR Para
xxx

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: geeta200147
Board Statistics
The forum has 582 topics and 934 posts.