What rooms would you like to see in the hospital?

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:03 am
by Tatonya Alchemi • 25 Posts

I want to create a 2 floor hospital. I want a breakroom/meeting place. Two maternity exam rooms/ two delivery rooms/ 2 recovery rooms. I would like the format to be to have maternity in its own wing. I would also like to have a pharmacy, I will be starting a new thread for pharmacy ideals. Also optometry, dentistry, and and a pediactric wing. A cafeteria with edibles, and a gift/vendor area. I will start different threads to talk about each room i depth, but these are a few ideas. I know there is some interest in having trauma and burn units as well. Lets all get what we want in the hospital, then we will discuss lay out in a new thread.

Last edited Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:04 am | Scroll up

RE: What rooms would you like to see in the hospital?

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:13 am
by Dr. Brooke Devin • 9 Posts

Hmmm i would like a bigger emergancy department. Lamaze/maternity yoga room, more detailed waiting room and i think thats about it all other ideas are wonderful

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 am
by Embree • 1 Post

what about a physical therapy area or and just to put it out there ... maybe we could incorperate like a candy stripper posistion for the teens in the community to have somthing to do.

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:37 am

We did have a candy stripper position at the hospital. But, she never had anything to do, because we hardly actually admit patients to the hospital. We will discuss later on how to encourage roleplay and creative ways to admit patients to the hospital and it be enjoyable for all. Also for physical therapy, we are going to use the gym in the community. Gabrielle had thought about getting rid of it, but i asked her to add it to the hospital. She said that sounded like a great idea, i will ask her later if she still wants to do it. If we do add physical therapy, what exercise equipment would you all like to see used?

Mrs. Tatonya Baily
Medical Director of PVMC

Last edited Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:24 pm | Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:39 am

Whe i have the babies ill be sure to stay and enjoy the rp thats for sure.

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 am

I agree we do need a bigger Emergency Department which would include trauma and burn unit as well. As far as size goes, what is the ideal size of the ER you would like it to be. How many different bays/beds would you like there to be incorportaed. Also, i agree, i we should have a lamaze area. Include some links from market place on design or equipment ideas you would like to see.

Mrs. Tatonya Baily
Medical Director of PVMC

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:01 pm

Maybe like a an open room but like have little "cells" with either doors or curtains. and as for lamaze i have the balls all i think we would need are the mommy and daddy mats/cushions like so: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Lam...Package/2035753

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:47 pm
by Mr.Baily

The ER area to have a few area sectioned off. I would love to see a proper ambulance bay area, Trauma/burn unit to act as our ICU. This could have a wing for NICU((Neonatel)). This would allow further rp. A OR preperation room to prep patients for surgery.

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Ooooo i do like the thought of a NICU esspecially since so many people around here having multiples that might come in handy. We could even do a nursery with glass window and put some filler babies so it doesnt always look empty

Brooke Tehani (Devin)
Mama Allpa OB/GYN & PVMC Nurse

Last edited Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm | Scroll up

in Hospital Design Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Wow this is going well, and I am lookign forward to hearing from the rest of the group. As we continue our discussions, lets think of a way to close the hospital. I wanted to close it this week, i think we all know what has gone down, and it really tore me up. But, after sleeping on it, I decided this shouldn't stop me from doing something i truly love to do. Now with that being said, Brooke, Burton, and Embree, I am making you all incharge of coming up with an ER design, I will start a thread just for you three to discuss what it shall have. You all will post what equipment you want to see, even if we already have it. Some one needs to sit down with and physical draw this out on photoshop or on paper and scan it in. Brooke you will mostly collabrate with the ER team on NICU set up. You will find your new thread soon. Thank you.

Mrs. Tatonya Baily
Medical Director of PVMC

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:57 pm
by Ceejay Cardalines

I think the ICU and NICU is a great idea, i dont really think we should go into dentistry and the other one not just yet, think once we build up all the basics most people will use and us doctors know how to rp properly then we can add extras.
But basically i love what both Brooke n Mr.Baily said bout the lamaze nursery ect :D :)

Scroll up

in Hospital Design Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:25 pm

We are having to start to have patients ask for these extra services. Also I think dentistry and eye exams can go hand in hand with physicals and well children check ups. They don't have to be there own separate appointments.

Mrs. Tatonya Baily
Medical Director of PVMC

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: geeta200147
Board Statistics
The forum has 581 topics and 933 posts.